Richard, I'm afraid I can't help you much. I fear we are all going to be
pulled under down by the wave of greenism propagated by idiot
politicians. Mercury is the devil's due (dew?) and must be placed in a
far away place (NIBYism?)regardless of quantity. Never mind that low
levels of mercury have never been proven to a problem.

"I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be an exemption for users
of such small amounts of Hg."  Don't ever assume a politician to be sane
or literate. They have proven time and again they are not.

Here in California's Silicon Valley CAL-OSHA and the Attorney General
announced they had found large amounts of mercury residues at the
Almaden County Park, mine. The Attorney General announced they were
going to use expose-facto laws to find any companies remaining from the
Gold Rush days of 1849 and make them pay for the cleanup. They assumed
the mine was a gold mine and the mercury had been brought in to refine
the gold. Finally someone told them it was a cinnabar mine (the ore of
mercury) and that mercury was exported from the area not imported. They
renamed the park the "Almaden Quicksilver County Park" and the hideous
hazard has disappeared. It's once again safe for little children to
attend the park.

Oh yes the latest from California: Now they want to regulate the color
of car you drive because black cars take more energy to cool. God save
us all.

Fred Townsend