Hello Gert,

It was Ken Javor who was asking, but I will note that ETS-Lindgren probe documents specify an accuracy of +/- 2 dB transfer impedance, which for *formal* calibration requires as you say 0.5 dB accuracy. It also takes precision 50 Ohm test fixtures, better loads that I used, and a better instrument, too. Call my process a sanity check, adequate only to get an ad-hoc setup back to readings that more closely approximate what was seen at outside test houses. That's what the customer wanted.

However, any deviation from a smooth response may be detected fairly easily, and if I saw a "jog" in a current probe function I would recommend replacement. I did recommend the customer get their analyzer and probe calibrated.

Regards,

Cortland Richmond
KA5S