When at a small company, I once built a couple of LISNs and used
anti-parallel, standard recovery 1A diodes attached across BNC output.
(after blasting the attenuator on an HP8591 on a transient on day)   Never
had another failure after adding the diodes.

Ralph McDiarmid  |   Schneider Electric   |  Renewable Energies Business |
  CANADA  |   Regulatory Compliance Engineering