Labelling is an interesting topic, though also a source of great frustration
it seems.   In response to a couple of the comments below......

>>> As a consumer, why do I need to know the meaning of EMC and Radio
markings?
>>> As a consumer, I only need to know efficiency ratings at the time I
choose the appliance/equipment.

I wonder how many people understand the Alert Symbol (!) of the R&TTE
Directive.   When you see the Alert Symbol on your radio product (such as on
most mobile phones, wireless internet, UWB devices, etc.), it is often there
to alert the user that there is a restriction of use for the product.
The user then knows (???) to go to the user manual and read the restrictions
of their device before they power it on.
.....right?   :-)

>>> Such ratings need not be a permanent part of the equipment, but can be
on a disposable tag.  There is no post-purchase need for such data.

One word.....     "e-bay"
:-)
Do we all buy our products new, from the original supplier?

Just to stir the pot,

Michael.

Michael Derby
Regulatory Engineer