Hi Ron and all that have replied regarding this subject,

I received an error message saying my first email did not get through for some
reason so sent again.

The new arrangements are extremely complex, mainly because there are actually
two sets of regulatory arrangements/frameworks that are changing.  The ACMA
move to a single mark will be timed to coincide with the introduction of the
new Electrical Equipment Safety System (EESS) arrangements, which in itself has
enormous impact on the supply of electrical product on the Australia.  New
Zealand will be party to the new EESS arrangements and as such, they will adopt
those also but it is not know exactly when at this stage.

To try to answer the questions raised in all the emails, I offer the following
information, as I understand it, at this time:

1.     It should be noted that the single mark will be the resent Regulatory
Compliance Mark (RCM) which is at present accepted as an alternative to the
C-Tick in relation to EMC, EMR and radcoms compliance;

2.     It is correct that the ACMA move to a single mark will be timed to
coincide with the introduction of the new Electrical Equipment Safety System
(EESS) arrangements, which in itself has enormous impact;

3.     The database will be established for the EESS however, will also be
utilised for ACMA regulatory compliance;

4.     The commencement date for the EESS and hence for the ACMA move to the
single mark, is at this time set for 01 July 2012 but that may slip a bit;

5.     The database should become active on 01 July 2012 but it is not
understood if that may slip also if the commencement date slips;

6.     Brian was correct when he said ”Have interpreted the announcement that
current products that have a representative and bear the 'c-tick' mark will not
have to be registered and bear RCM until June 2015”;

7.     The ACMA Supplier Code Number (SCN) can only be issued to a Australia
resident or an Australian registered business, however, with the introduction
of the single mark, no supplier ID will be required;

8.     Under the present ACMA requirements, only an Australia resident or an
Australian registered business may apply for and be issued with an Australian
SCN.  NZ residents of a NZ registered business can apply to the NZ Ministry for
Economic Development and be issued with an NZ SCN.  The C-Tick compliance mark
along with an Australian of NZ SCN was accepted in either country.  NOTE:  NZ
are also going to be adopting the new EESS arrangements and also will be moving
to accept the single mark in NZ also;

9.     To answer Nick’s specific question, this will still not result in FULL
harmonisation between Australia and NZ.  There are some areas of the frequency
spectrum which are still different between the two countries and as such, eh
requirements for some types of radio transmitters have not yet been harmonised
between the two countries and these changes will not address those differences.
 In addition, as Ron mentioned, NZ have a totally different approach to
telecoms compliance, i.e. NZ have not regulated requirements for connection to
the public networks;

10.  It must be an Australian resident or an Australian registered business
supplier who registers on the database.  They must register as a ‘supplier’ in
relation to both ACMA regulations compliance as well as EESS arrangements if
applicable.  They are also required to register any EESS Level 2 or Level 3
type products.  These registrations must be renewed each year.  There is still
be no charge to register or to renew the registration as a supplier in terms of
ACMA requirements;

11.  Ron, sorry to have to advise that the ACMA will not transfer any existing
C-Tick or A-Tick registered companies to the new database.  EVERY supplier of
existing product will have 3 years from the commencement date to register in
terms of ACMA requirements.  Any supply not currently registered to use the
C-Tick or A-Tick naturally must register prior to supplying any product;

12.  As the ACMA announcement says, these new arrangements do not alter in any
way the present technical or administrative requirements other than changing
the mark to use (i.e. the existing Labelling Notices will be unchanged except
to change the labelling mark.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson

Stanimore Pty Limited
Compliance Advice & Solutions for Technology
(Legislation/Regulations/Standards/Australian Agent Services)
Ph:       02-4329-4070       (Int'l: +61-2-4329-4070)
Fax:      02-4328-5639       (Int'l: +61-2-4328-5639)
Mobile:  04-1224-1620       (Int'l: +61-4-1224-1620)
Email:    kevin.richard...@stanimore.com    or    kevin.richard...@ieee.org

Confidentiality
This material (this email including all attachments) may contain confidential
and/or privileged information intended to be read or used by the addressees
only.  If you are not one of the intended recipients or you have received this
material in error, any copying, disclosure, distribution, use of or reliance
upon this material is prohibited.  Please immediately notify Stanimore Pty
Limited and delete/destroy all copies (electronic and hardcopy) of this email
and all attachments.  While the sender tries to ensure the accuracy of the
information contained in this material, Stanimore take no responsibility for
any actions taken as a result of receiving this material or for any consequence
of its use.