*From:*Grace Lin [mailto:graceli...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:51 AM
*To:* EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
*Subject:* [PSES] Test Setup for a Display Powered by a PoE Injector

Dear Members,

Could you please give your comments on the test setup for a display (touchpanel) powered by a PoE (power over Ethernet) injector? More specifically:

1. Does the PoE injector need to be part of the EUT (equipment under test) and placed on the turntable next to the EUT? Or, can the PoE injector be placed remotely (under the ground plane or outside of the chamber)? The PoE injector is marketed/packaged separately from the EUT. Both the EUT and PoE injector are marketed by the same manufacturer.

2. There are two ports, in addition to the power port, from the PoE injector: "PoE LAN" and "LAN". "PoE LAN" port connects to the EUT. Need the "LAN" port of PoE injector be connected to LAN?

3. Need the "LAN" port of PoE injector be exercised? If yes, is Ping command good enough?

Thank you very much for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Grace Lin

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>