I good webmaster can make all the difference.  I for one find that website
next to useless.

Ralph McDiarmid  |   Schneider Electric   |  Solar Business  |   CANADA  |
  Regulatory Compliance Engineering

From:
Doug Powell <doug...@gmail.com>
To:
EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Date:
04/05/2012 08:05 AM
Subject:
[PSES] Fwd: So, what is up with the CENELEC website?

I received many replies, public and private, and many  people have
assisted me, thank you!

In particular, Gert Gremmen in The Netherlands was able to create a
trouble ticket on the CENELEC web site and here is the response.  I for
one, will be flagging my shortcut to CENELEC with their expected hours
of operation.  I suppose all this could be avoided is the webmaster had
placed a message on the website indicating it was down for
routine maintenance instead of allowing the server error codes to show up
as if the site were broken somehow.

Thank you all,  -doug

Dear Mr Gremmen,

The CENELEC website has been up and running as usual, with exception of
Thursday 29 March, from 12:00 to 18:00 CET, because of a general
maintenance on the CENELEC database.
There has been another issue on Tuesday afternoon indeed, we were forced
to reboot the server and consequently the dynamic pages of the CENELEC
website were inaccessible for a certain period.

For your American colleagues, it’s important to note that we run our
backups on a daily basis between 20:00 and 21:00 CET. This usually takes
more or less 30 minutes, and indeed falls during business hours in the US.

If you again experience any difficulties during European business hours,
feel free to let me know by sending me a print screen of the error message
on the page.
We apologize for any possible inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Els SOMERS
Officer - Competence Centre - EDP
discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <