Hello All,

        I need clarification on the following. If a wireless device, in this
case a Zigbee transceiver uses a 16 MHz Oscillator, and other digital
circuitry in the device uses oscillators down to 18.432 kHz.

        Is the Radiated Frequency Range of Investigation from the
"transmitter circuitry" of 16 MHz and up to 25 GHz in this case, or from the
18.432 kHz frequency used in the digital circuitry?

        Just trying to determine if I need the customer to bring their unit
back, as initially they told me 16 MHz, and now I am finding three other
oscillators that are below the 16 MHz, but only used in the digital portion
of the circuitry.

        This brings up an interesting point, because the FCC is very clear
that all frequency oscillators shall be listed in the block diagram and the
rules do not differentiate between unintentional (digital) and intentional
circuitry.

Larry K. Stillings
Compliance Worldwide, Inc.
Test Locally, Sell Globally!
FCC - Wireless - Telecom - CE Marking
357 Main Street
Sandown, NH 03873
(603) 887 3903 Fax 887-6445
www.complianceworldwide.com <www.complianceworldwide.com>

anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the
official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>