I am writing to ask for help in identifying if a cable carrying 48VDC at 2A
maximum current will require a CCC certified cable.

The cable is used to interconnect a AC line to DC power supply to a 48VDC
speaker.
The cable does not run inside a wall or other building construction.
The cable similar to a AC wall wart output supplying 48 VDC.

I understand CCC controls these 5 categories of Electrical wires and cables.
0101: Cord sets
0102: Flexible rubber-sheathed cables for mining purposes
0103: Insulated cables (wires) for railway vehicles of rated voltage up to and
including 3kV
0104: Rubber insulated cables of rated voltages up to and including 450/750V
0105: Polyvinyl chloride insulated cables of rated voltages up to and including
450/750V

I am failing to understand where the lower limit is for these types.

Do all current carrying conductors with a insulation surrounding in China
require CCC approval?

Can you direct me to the document , GB standard or law that specifies the lower
limits of the above electrical wires and cables or is this found in a clause of
my GB 8988;2001 (IEC60065;1998) standard?

Thank you in advance,

Chuck McDowell

NOTICE: This email may contain confidential information.  Please see
http://www.meyersound.com/confidential/ for our complete policy.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>