From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Peter Tarver
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:26 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: <HAR> cable designation question

Hello from overcast Northern California.

I recently purchased a copy of HD 361 to decode <HAR> cable designations.

An example is:

H05GG-F

H = harmonized cable
05 = 300/500 V
G = ethylene vinyl acetate conductor insulation
G = ethylene vinyl acetate jacket
F = flexible conductors (Class 5)

My interpretation of the two G characters is based on reading catalogs
that indicate an inside to outside approach to designating the cable
materials.

Does the same inside to outside approach also apply to the voltage rating,
as I expect that it does?

300 V insulation on the individual conductors and 500 V on the jacket?

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver

contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, use, copy, disclose or distribute this message.
If you received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply email

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>

This message, including any attachments, may contain
information that is confidential and proprietary information
of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination,
distribution, use or copying of this message or any of its
attachments is strictly prohibited without the express
written consent of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>