From: Michael Derby [mailto:micha...@acbcert.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:30 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Possible Counterfeit EMC Components?

I was chatting with a power supply manufacturer who told me he had worked
hard to design his power supply and get it through all the necessary
regulations.   When complete, he sent the design and instructions out to the
manufacturing company.

After many of them had been made and sold, he realised the components in the
power supply were all cheaper imitations of the components he had instructed
the manufacturer to use.

D'oh.

Michael Derby
Regulatory Engineer