From: Monrad Monsen [monrad.mon...@oracle.com<mailto:monrad.mon...@oracle.com>]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 08:41 PM GMT Standard Time
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Language Translations for EU Declarations of Conformity (DOCs)

RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU, Article 13 (EU Declaration of Conformity) section 2
states:  "The EU declaration of conformity ... shall be translated into the
language or languages required by the Member State on the market of which the
product is placed or made available."

This raises some questions:
1.  What languages are required by the member states for translating
declarations of conformity (DOCs)?

2.  Would English suffice for a DOC?  I would hope that any one language within
the community would be acceptable for the DOC, and English would be the easiest
language for American companies to use.

3.  If a member state does want a DOC in a language other than English, would
they the English version immediately and then allow the manufacturer time to
translate the DOC like a period of two months?

RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU becomes mandatory on 1 January 2013, so these
questions are urgent.

Monrad Monsen
+1.303.272.9612

&LT;emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>&GT;