 From: Dward <dw...@pctestlab.com>
To: rpick...@rpqconsulting.com; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2013 9:35 AM
Subject: RE: [PSES] FCC & IC and Product Information

Sorry Ron but your information is quite outdated.
It should not be assumed that Canada is a slam dunk for confidentiality or that
all documents can be held confidential.  While it is true that Canada (IC) does
not go out of its way to make documents available, Canada does have a right to
access law, and Canadians can request documents that do not have
confidentiality requested by the manufacturer.
Also, due to this “Right to know” law, Canada, at least recently, has refused
to accept confidentiality to test reports, user manuals, internal and external
photos.

They allow confidentiality for block diagrams, schematics, operational
descriptions, parts lists and tune up procedures.  Canada also does NOT have a
temporary confidentiality system.

A Canadian confidentiality request can contain items such as manuals and
internal photos, but before this is granted, IC must be contacted directly on a
case by case basis.  The days of everything confidential in Canada is over.
Thanks
Dennis Ward
Senior Certification Engineer
PCTEST
This communication and its attachments contain information from PCTEST
Engineering Laboratory, Inc., and is intended for the exclusive use of the
recipient (s) named above. It may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged. Any unauthorized use that may compromise that
confidentiality via distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Please notify the
sender immediately if you receive this communication in error, and delete it
from your computer system.