It would defy all common sense if it got in.  Among other matters, there has
to be a regulatory impact assessment of any new legislation.

John C

-----Original Message-----
From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 26 February 2013 10:59
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Recast of RTTE directive

In message <2EC8CC67196B4ED1BB7595C6964E7620@LENVOR61iJOHN>, dated Tue,
26 Feb 2013, John Cotman <john.cot...@conformance.co.uk> writes:

>Surely if this is a real issue, (and I?m not convinced that it is), it
>would have to be in the text of the directive(s), and is nothing to do
>with standards?

See the Subject line: it IS in the draft Directive.

The reason why I directed people to standards bodies is that they are
generally likely to be the best route to the people concerned with the
Directive, whether they are standards-body senior staff or government
officials.

Of course, you can approach the relevant government department directly,
IF you know which one, and which 'division' of it, and so on down the
hierarchy.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
SHOCK HORROR! Dinosaur-like DNA found in chicken and turkey meals

http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in
well-used formats), large files, etc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>