Von: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] Im Auftrag von Bob
Richards
Gesendet: Montag, 11. März 2013 17:48
An: ieee
Betreff: Re: [PSES] Surge Test Power Supply Class 2 acc. EN61000-4-5

Even without a return path for the surge that is performed Line or Neutral
relative to PE (with no PE terminal on the EUT) there will be a large surge
voltage between Line-Neutral. If surging at 2kv L-PE, there may be as much
as 1.3kv between L-N. It has to do with the design of the CDN. This will
exceed the normal 1kV test level between L-N.

I know, because I ran into a situation where a product failed, and
investigation showed the above to be true. I thought at first it was a
problem with the surge CDN, but found out it is the nature of the CDN when
designed according to the standard's requirements.

Bob R.