Ha!
Your last paragraph mimics when I identify problems.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Oconnell [mailto:oconne...@tamuracorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:36 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Critical component in EMC report

Critical component - a resistor or cap or choke that criticizes the other
components. They seem to have problems relating to transistors and diodes.
Recognition - the critical comp will glow brightly due to internal anger
issues.
Product intrusion is always welcome to expose overly critical components and
to maintain system morale.

The only time that components have been listed in my employer's EMC reports
is where additional testing was done after corrections to fix non-conforming
performance.

Brian