From: Scott Xe
Sent: 04/16/13 02:28 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] 3D passive glasses

I observed a number of 3D passive glasses in traditional black and in different
colours on sale in electrical shops. They are affixed with a CE mark. My
inquiry indicates that CE mark demonstrates the compliance with Toys Directive
2009/48/EC. It is interesting to me that the glasses are used with electronics
products, 3D TVs and on sale in electrical shops. How can it be classified as a
toy? I have no idea about non electrical products. Any comments on the product
classification? If not a toy, what is the product type should be. Thanks and
regards, Scott -
---------------------------------------------------------------- This message
is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list.
emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html Attachments are not permitted but the
IEEE PSES Online Communities site at http://product-comp!
 liance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in well-used formats), large
files, etc. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/ Instructions:
http://listserv.ieee.org/request/user-guide.html List rules:
http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html For help, send mail to the list
administrators: Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net> Mike Cantwell