From: Kunde, Brian [mailto:brian_ku...@lecotc.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 11:01 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] new EMC Directive

Charlie,

Thanks for this information. It was most helpful. But, like always, I have a
question.

If I buy a Dell computer in the USA and ship it to Europe to sell as part of a
system including hardware produce by our company, do I have to put our
company's name and address on the Dell computer as the importer or because Dell
is well established in Europe I only have to make sure this information is on
the part that we manufacturer? In this case, are we a Dell importer when Dell
already imports their products to Europe?

I assume what the EU really wants is a name and address on the product of
someone in Europe that they can get a hold of in case a non-compliance is
discovered.

Thanks for any clarification.

The Other Brian