Obviously, there is still a long way to go for this mission.  Hope to have
more active approach making the dream come truth.

On 27/9/13 2:07 AM, "John Woodgate" <j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <ce6a958c.1c6fe%scott...@gmail.com>, dated Fri, 27 Sep 2013,
> Scott Xe <scott...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It said CE mark is a passport to enter into Europe and the products can
>> be moved freely from one country to the other.  Is it just an ultimate
>> goal?
>
> In one sense, yes, but it's not in the far future, it's here already.
>
>> In reality, the German products cannot be sold in the UK due to plug
>> difference for general AC products
>
> This solved by detachable mains leads or plug converters.

Technically, yes it is a solution but still build to more than one standard.
The EU plug was proposed by Volex long time ago but seems no more talk about
EU plug any more.  Like UK, so far still 240 Vac whereas it says 230Vac
country.

>> or tv system difference for TVs.
>
> European TVs work on all or nearly all European TV systems, and some
> work on American systems and mains voltage as well. It's an aspect of
> 'globalization', which is attacked by some people who don't know about
> its achievements, only its failures.

In this area, all are moving to the right direction.  We do not know how
soon all countries are moving into DVB-T2 then one TV for all countries.
Currently DVB-T2 channels are still a small group whereas DVB-T covering
DVB-T2 features in European countries.