  From: EMC Guy
  To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
  Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 5:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [PSES] EMC requirements for developer/evaluation boards

  Hi Brian,

  Your summary is exemplary.  It points out exactly what I have also read in
the Guide, that lead me to believe that a Developer Kit might by excluded from
the EMC Directive. Particularly the End User definition.

  Which brings me to the second part of the problem: entering Europe without
any marking or DoC whatsoever.  Do you know of an established method to declare
the non-applicability of CE-marking related directives, so the customs
officials do not deny entry each time one of these boards is shipped to Europe.
 Something that would resemble FCC Form 740 for example.

  To John Woodgate: Thanks for the lead on Farnell, I have asked them the
question, I'll post their answer if I ever get one.

  John