From: Mark Schmidt [mailto:mark.schm...@dornerworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:33 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] R&TTE

Well, I have a Class A (EN55011) product under EN61326-1. Initially it was not
going to be sold with an FCC/IC/CE Bluetooth certified module. So when sales
decided they had to have this feature we then needed to meet EN301489-1 and in
Annex C.3.1 it indicates that "The limits and tests used to demonstrate
compliance of the combined equipment shall be taken from the harmonized EMC
standard relevant to the primary function (declared by the manufacturer)". So
my interpretation of this is that a Class A unintentional radiator can utilize
a BT compliant module and still meet the requirements of the R&TTE Directive.
Great right? Then Sales decided that they have this huge potential for sales in
the Korean market.  Apparently when the Koreans adopted EN301489-1 the KN
version of this standard omitted the clause in Annex C.3.1.  So we had the
device tested in-country and they indicated that the unintentional radiator had
to meet Class B EN55022/CISPR 22 for ITE with 6 db margin. Naturally we failed.
This is not an ITE product and was not designed to meet Class B any comments
are appreciated.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Mark Schmidt