From: jral...@productsafetyinc.com [mailto:jral...@productsafetyinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:29 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Circuit Breakers - Branch Circuit Protection vs
Supplementary

So there are no UL Listed breakers that are only good for supplementary
protection??

On Dec 3, 2013, at 2:26 PM, "Jim Morrison"
<jmorri...@qps.ca<mailto:jmorri...@qps.ca>> wrote:

Hi John:

If the device has a UL - <image001.png>, this would indicate approval to UL489
& suitable for a branch circuit device.

If only marked - <image002.gif>, the device would be approved to UL1077 and
only recognized as a supplementary protector & not suitable for a branch
circuit.

Regards

Jim Morrison C.E.T. C.E.I.

Chief of Engineering / Vice President – Field Evaluations/Engineering | QPS
Evaluation Services Inc. | 81 Kelfield Street, Unit 8, Toronto,  Ontario,  M9W
5A3 – OSHA Recognized NRTL
Office (416-241-8857) | Cell ( 416-318-9104) | Fax (416-241-0682) | Toll Free (
1-877-746-4777) | Website: www.qps.ca<http://www.qps.ca/> ; email
jmorri...@qps.ca<mailto:jmorri...@qps.ca>

<image003.jpg>