On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 13:15:08 +0000,
  "Paasche, Dieter" <dieter.paas...@christiedigital.com> wrote:

> Are there any news about what is FCC going to do? As it stand right now (and
> I do have an official answer) "H" patterns are required by the FCC. Which
> means by some international companies double testing, one with H patterns and
> one with color bar.

ANSI C63.4-2009 requires scrolling H, and FCC is under way to transition
from ANSI C63.4-2003 to C63.4-2009.
So, I think USA will still go their own way.

> I have seen a worst case using H pattern, so I wonder if I can get away with
> just testing with the H pattern as it is also in the CISPR 32 table.

CISPR 32 says "Video ports shall output signals, and images shall
be displayed, corresponding to the highest complexity level listed
in Table B.1 that the EUT is capable of generating.", so I think we
shouldn't use scrolling H (level 2) when colour bar with moving
element (level 4) can be used.

Anyway, I think the difference of the display test pattern is relatively
small problem.
There are more burdensome differences in, for example, EUT setup, test
method for 1 GHz and above.

Regards,
Tom

--