Hi Folks,

The NRTLs I work with in the past have asked for technical details for labels
when doing safety compliance certification but I'm not sure why.  For example
self-adhesive labels used for switches and indicators on control panels,
caution/warning labels, etc.  The EC Machinery and Low Voltage Directives call
for indelible marking but I've not seen anything in EN 60950-1 or EN 60204-1
that references requirements for labels for example.  I've seen UL listings on
a lot of labels and label material.  Are there specific requirements (other
than indelible) or standards applicable to CE compliance for these types of
labels?

Thanks
-Dave

David P. Nyffenegger, PMP, SM-IEEE