Testing - Yes, it looked like they were testing it to death, leaving
only the good ones to ship.  Obviously, there were enough good ones to
give RCA a good reputation.  I almost expected quality engineers to be
present when the consumer unboxed the set.
Locations - I was surprised how many facilities were involved with
design & manufacturing.
Tube testing - I liked the machine with cork bottle tops hitting the
sides of tubes.  I wonder if it was to test glass strength, or to
check for microphonics (excessive microphonics.)
Personal safety - I cringed when I saw the woman handling the open
liquid nitrogen canister with her bare hands, or the assembly person
picking up a CRT by its neck without gloves.

My wife recognized the voice of the narrator (Henry 'Jam' Handy), and
said must have done every documentary in that era.

Pat