Hi Brian,

As an outsider to HP/Agilent now, I believe the reorganization actually makes a
lot of sense in splitting off the medical and chemical analysis divisions from
the test & measurement divisions. This should allow both companies to better
focus more on their customers needs.

There is always an ongoing debate within the company as to when it makes sense
to discontinue products or product lines. That's just life and certainly a
delicate balancing act not taken lightly. Well, except for the knee-jerk
decision to give the EMC market a swift kick in the behind - and then years
later to re-establish the product line and try to gain market share and
customer trust once again (my opinion). I suspect lessons were learned.

As someone else mentioned previously, Agilent and Keysight both hold the
original "HP Way" values for the most part.

Cheers, Ken
Kenneth Wyatt
Wyatt Technical Services LLC
56 Aspen Dr.