Charles,

With regard to UL 60950-1 compliance, when we have had equipment, such as
small outdoor telecom equipment that is not intended to be used in an ITE
room per Article 645 of the NEC, we have been able to disregard the flexible
cord length restrictions (mostly the 1.5 meter minimum rather than the 4.5
meter maximum), after negotiation with the NRTL.

As Ted mentioned, we based our argument on the fact that Article 400,
applying to flexible cords, does not have a length restriction, but only
Article 645 does.

Best regards,

DON GIES
ALCATEL-LUCENT