Hi Kris,

As long as the configuration that the customer / market surveillance authority
has used is valid and representative of use and tested according to the
standard I don't think you will have a leg to stand on.

Have a look at Whereas: (17) in the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC. It states the
following:

".... the electromagnetic compatibility assessment should confirm whether the
apparatus meets the protection requirements in the configurations foreseeable
by the manufacturer as representative of normal use in the intended
applications; in such cases it should be sufficient to perform an assessment on
the basis of the configuration most likely to cause maximum disturbance and the
configuration most susceptible to disturbance".

It is the manufacturer's job to determine what the worst case representative
configuration is.

Thanks,

Chris.