Hi John,

The timing of microseconds is orders of magnitude slower than the size of the test setup relative to the speed of light in conductors, 1 ft/ns in free space and maybe 1.5 to 2 ns/ft in most conductors. The test setup used about six feet of cable, 12 ns at most.

The applied voltage of the pulse was much lower than rated breakdown of power supply, less than 500 Volts.

I have added the results to my planned (every) Thursday presentation via web which this weeks describes ESD as a stress that causes this also.

Doug

University of Oxford Tutor
Department for Continuing Education
Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
     ___          _            Doug Smith
      \          / )           P.O. Box 60941
       =========               Boulder City, NV 89006-0941
    _ / \     / \ _            TEL/FAX: 702-570-6108/570-6013
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \          Mobile:  408-858-4528
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /          Web:     http://www.dsmith.org