Hi Folks,

EN 60204-1 section 17.6 says " Any graphical symbol not shown in IEC
60617-DB:2001 shall be separately shown and described on the diagrams or
supporting
documents."   NFPA 79 is harmonizing to EN 60204 and 17.7.1 has similar
language but refers to IEEE 315/315A.   I don't have either symbol standard yet
and IEC 60717 is only available by subscription to online dB.   The IEEE
standards have been around for quite a while.  I'm wondering how similar the
symbols are between IEC 60617 and IEEE 315, anybody know?  I can buy a copy of
IEEE 315 for a reasonable price and I'm wondering if there is any additional
need for the IEC 60617.  One would hope that a common set of symbols would be
acceptable in the US and Europe.

Also, does anyone know what the restrictions are on  the  IEEE standard PDF
files?  i.e. on one end of the spectrum with only a watermark and the other end
node locked to a single PC, can't print or can only print 1 copy ever, can't
move to another PC when the original goes south without divine intervention,
making the PDF pretty much useless etc?

Thanks
-Dave

David P. Nyffenegger, PMP, SM-IEEE