Greetings Mr. Nute,

See below.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Nute [mailto:ri...@ieee.org]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 1:52 PM
To: Brian Oconnell; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [PSES] OSM decision

What is the purpose of the MOV in this situation?

As SPD, and to push me one step closer to madness

What is the MOV Joule dissipation rating (can it

dissipate the expected overvoltage)?

NO - at least not by my calculations - and the MOV will, during some line/load
conditions,  probably start conducting a few mA during 'normal' operations

Is the MOV protected by a fuse?

Fuse on line input. And doubt that it would pass the G.8 stuff in 63268-1(but
submittal is 60950-1)

(An equipment d.c. bus is not likely to have

high-voltage transients.)

AC mains input to this equipment, so must assume the box will see at least 2500V