Many years ago, a group of R&D engineers came to
me and said:  "We want to learn about product
safety, but we don't want to read the standards."
The result was the HBSE course.

If the product safety engineer does his job, there
will be no test failures.

Best regards,
Rich

internally
> as well.  Management certainly supports and
expects to
> have it right the first time but educating on
what needs to
> happen and by who to accomplish that seems to be
> recurring theme.
>
> -Dave

get our
> engineers to
> >take an interest in reading and understanding
the
> standards at all,
>
> That is BAD. I forestalled it with my group by
> explaining that while the safety and EMC experts
did the
> tests, THEY were responsible for THEIR designs
> conforming. They were, of course, free to ask
advice and
> assistance from the experts, but when the
designs came to
> be tested, I said that I did not expected them
to fail.

> Senior managers found this arrangement seriously
> intellectually challenging. Of course, what it
does is
> eliminate almost all friction between the
designers and
> the 'testers' - they are all in the same boat,
which is as it