Hi Bostjan / Ted,

Thanks for the information.

The pluggable type A equipment in question has a VDR + GDT in series in the
PSU. Mains cord connection is Line, Neutral and Earth with earth
terminating to the chassis inside the unit. There is also has a provision
for a permanently connected earth conductor (external earth screw in
chassis).

The question is does the unit have to be permanently connected to earth? Or
does just providing the provision for a permanent connection meet the
requirement?

Thanks,
Chris.