From: Crane, Lauren [mailto:lauren.cr...@kla-tencor.com]
Sent: 09 March 2015 17:11
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Black Bar under WEEE symbol - still needed or was it
eliminated? Thanks

I was just strolling through this part of WEEE2 (2012/19EU) last week. EN 50419
has the black-bar requirement and says it represents a product which entered
the market after 13Aug2005.

WEEE2 says "Member States shall ensure that producers appropriately mark -
preferably in accordance with the European standard EN 50419 - EEE placed on
the market with the symbol shown in Annex IX." (Article 14.4). The Annex IX
illustration does not show a black bar. Therefore, I think the reference to EN
50419 is simply a reference to the dimensions and form of the wheeled bin, and
there is no need, or even preference for, the black bar.

Regards,

Lauren Crane

KLA-Tencor