In message <64D32EE8B9CBDD44963ACB076A5F6ABB026D936A@Mailbox-Tech.lecotech.local>, dated Wed, 15 Apr 2015, "Kunde, Brian" <brian_ku...@lecotc.com> writes:

You may just want to characterize the line filter yourself. Then you will know. You will need a receiver or spectrum analyzer with a tracking generator, a network analyzer, or a sig gen and power meter combination. Our lab uses a simple labview program for characterizing amps, filters, cables, attenuators, LiSNs, etc.. Every lab should have something setup to do this fairly quick and easy.

Such systems do not normally model well the actual source and load impedances seen by the filter when in service. Some filters are less sensitive to these impedance effects than others, but above the specified bandwidth, that may not be so.

Ideally, one would measure in situ in the product, feeding a current (through a high impedance) in and measuring the voltage (with a high-impedance device) out. But it may not be easy to do that now. In the old days, we would get high impedance RF probes with most RF instruments, but, while much easier to make now, they seem to be anomalously rare. 50 ohms rules - not OK.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
When I turn my back on the sun, it's to look for a rainbow

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>