From: Paasche, Dieter [mailto:dieter.paas...@christiedigital.com]
Sent: 27 May 2015 16:29
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG<mailto:EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [PSES] Radio in class A product

Dear members,

I am adding a radio (WiFi module)  to an ITE class A product. The product is
tested under CISPR 22/24. I was told now that, because of the radio, the
standard to apply is EN 301489-1, and therefore my product has to meet the
class B of EN 55022 for emissions.

My opinion is that product and radio have to be tested separately and test the
product to EN 55022/24 (without radio, or with the 2.4 GHz transmission
frequency filtered), and the radio or radio module by itself under EN 31489-1.
Is that correct? Where can I find the right interpretation?

Sincerely,

Dieter Paasche

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to