In message <CAJq2vai7851KwaNM8ULunB0Uo=k---p-e2t+69wcgc5p__b...@mail.gmail.com>, dated Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Grace Lin <graceli...@gmail.com> writes:

Does anyone know any regulatory agent requires a product test to ISO 22523: 2006 (http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=37546)?

For 61000-4-3, this standard requires 12 V/m, 26 MHz - 1 GHz.

I don't know, but I expect the people who need the prostheses hope so. In the early days of electronically-controlled prostheses, there was a lot of trouble with immunity. For example, a man was arrested for urinating in public because his bladder controller had been triggered by the police car radio.

A requirement like this is not so very rare. Sound level meters, for example, have it. It was introduced because of the prevalence of CB radio transceivers and in some countries there is amateur radio around 26 MHz, 50 MHz, 144 MHz and bands above, model control around 27 MHz (but low power), also public utility radio around 70 MHz. There is also a 'home automation' band around 34 MHz but no-one seems to use it.

However, for sound level meters, anyway, the requirement is in the early stages of a review.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
When I turn my back on the sun, it's to look for a rainbow

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>