From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 18 August 2015 07:15
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] EMC Benign devices (was:RE: [PSES] Friday night conundrum)

In message
<b8f3f23a24ba3f4688cc5275527cb98bc4526...@chwpiexc10.sats.corp<mailto:b8f3f23a24ba3f4688cc5275527cb98bc4526...@chwpiexc10.sats.corp>>,
 dated Mon, 17 Aug 2015, "Grasso, Charles"
<charles.gra...@echostar.com<mailto:charles.gra...@echostar.com>>
writes:

>John Woodgate posted " Like a digital watch, it's regarded as 'EMC
>benign', so no EMC test and no CE mark"
>
>The FCC defines an EMC benign device as: "Digital  devices that have a
>power consumption of 6 nanowatts or less, such as digital watches and
>solar calculators. Section 15.103(f)"
>
>Do the EU EMC standards have an equivalent?

It's not in standards because it is a regulatory issue, and those can't be put
in standards. It's in 1.1.4 of the Guide for the EMC Directive 2004/108/EC (8th
February 2010).
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See
www.jmwa.demon.co.uk<http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk> When I turn my back on the

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

Instructions:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to

Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org<mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org>>