http://www.linkedin.com/in/dougp01

From: Itzenheiser, Jerry (GE Healthcare)
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 1:26 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Reply To: Itzenheiser, Jerry (GE Healthcare)
Subject: [PSES] Stricter limits than legal (CISPR11, IEC, etc,) Where?

Hello EMCers,

I would like to ask…

Is there anyone out there that tests to stricter limits than the legal (CISPR, IEC, etc.) limits? If so, what was the rationale behind selecting the stricter limits? Our engineering teams are curious as to where the stricter recommended limits come from, such as the 6dB margin for emissions testing.

Thanks,

Jerry Itzenheiser Jr

EMC Technician - Waukesha

GE Healthcare