From: Kunde, Brian [mailto:brian_ku...@lecotc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2015 12:34 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] 208 split-phase?

I've never heard of a Utility Company providing 208 "split-phase".

I have heard the term "208 split-phase" many times from our customers who claim
to have this but in reality what they have is 208 3-phase wired into a 230V
split-phase receptacle but only using 208 Phase to Phase with the Grounded
Neutral.

In our EMC lab, we do not have a true 220 split-phase so we use 208 with a
grounded neutral. It is the closest thing we have to test 220 volt household
appliances like ranges, ovens, microwaves, and dryers.  We know it is not
exactly the same but close.

The Other Brian