I have received EMC directive test reports (non-medical equipment) from our
NRTLs in  the past stating this as well, that magnetic field testing was not
done as there were no magnetic sensitive elements.

-Dave

From: Kunde, Brian [mailto:brian_ku...@lecotc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 4:01 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] EN 61000-4-8 test for medical equipment per EN 60601-1-2

Eugene,

The EMC Directive requires the manufacturer performs a “Conformity Assessment”,
sometimes referred to as an “EMC Compatibility Assessment”.  Within this
assessment, the manufacturer can explain the reasons for and against which EMC
tests and test levels they tested their products to to show compliance to the
Directive.

So in this document, you simply explain why the 4-8 test is unnecessary to be
performed. It’s as simple as that. Of course, if you are wrong in your
assessment, you are responsible to take corrective measures.

The Other Brian