I don't know your circumstances but I can understand why in some situations
adding a resistor help. In many circuits a driver side series termination is
part of the circuit design to match the driver impedance to the trace impedance
for source termination. The effect of this is that any reflections are absorbed
by the driver when it is reflected back and therefore preserve the signal
integrity at the receiving end. A side effect could be that there is less
ringing which results in less EMI. You need to look closely at your design to
under the mechanics of your problem and device a solution.

Alfred