Hi Brian; Maybe this is a dumb idea, but perhaps you could enclose the
whole cable in a tubular copper braid (or mylar-foil tape) and try to
solder to the shield of the DVI connectors?  Or, if you are cutting away
the overmold anyway, solder the braid to the backshell.  It would be a
little delicate to work with, and the braid would have to be very wide to
fit over the connectors, but it should keep radiated noise to a minimum I
would think.

-Ken A