An external Class B PSU is identified under the verification process and the
marking for the PSU is required.

Section 15.101 (a)
Class B external switching power supplies       Verification.

I see many supplies with the FCC logo however this is a misused as the FCC logo
is limited to products approved under the DoC process, All other devices shall
bear the statement.

Section 15.19 (5) (b)

 Products subject to authorization under a Declaration of Conformity shall be
labelled as follows:

(1) The label shall be located in a conspicuous location on the device and
shall contain the unique identification described in ยง2.1074 of this chapter
and the following logo:

(i) If the product is authorized based on testing of the product or system; or

[eCFR graphic er09de03.000.gif]

on the other hand if sold with the system, then FCC states peripherals attached
by cable do not need to be marked, and marking on the main unit is sufficient.

Section 15.19 (4)

Where a device is constructed in two or more sections connected by wires and
marketed together, the statement specified under paragraph (a) of this section
is required to be affixed only to the main control unit.

The marking requirements of the PSU is really dependent on how it is marketed
and placed on the market

Comments suggestion welcomed.
Rodney Davis