Hi All,

I have been doing some high voltage measurements of currents lately to support
development of a new troubleshooting and failure mode analysis method which
will be complete shortly. That information will be in my seminars this summer
and eventually next year in a published paper. But at this point I have posted
on my website a target for measuring currents due to discharges of 50 kV+ that
insulates the current probe and with that constraint, minimizes the inductance
of the measuremed current path.

The new method relates to finding possible low probability failure modes that
may occur in the field that are likely missed in normal SI and EMC testing but
may still be important especially to those in the medical, aerospace, and
automotive fields.

The article is at: http://emcesd.com/tt2016/tt052416.htm and contains a
surprising picture. Let me know if you notice the surprising feature in one of
the pictures.

Be sure to look over the main page at http://emcesd.com as I have been adding
to it lately, including this latest article which is at the bottom of the index
page.

Doug

University of Oxford
Department for Continuing Education