These standards don't go on the Declaration of Conformity. It would be a bit of
tautology to state that you are placing the CE mark on your product to declare
that you conform to the Directive that requires you to place a CE mark on your
product.

I believe that the quality standards are listed for when you don't use the
presumption of conformity by declaring to harmonized standards. If instead of
using harmonized standards, you decide to use a different analysis to prove
conformity to the essential requirements of the applicable directives, the
European Commission would like you to at least have the basic quality programs
in place.

I may be wrong as I've only dealt with declaring the presumption of conformity
via compliance with harmonized standards.

Ted Eckert

Microsoft Corporation

The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my
employer.