Peter Tarver

From: Kunde, Brian [mailto:brian_ku...@lecotc.com]
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 09:43

But what type of Fault Testing or Risk assessment needs to be done regarding
the filter?  With the filter removed, the instrument passes the construction
requirements for a Fire Enclosure. But with the filter installed and because of
its close proximity to the fan/blower;

1.        does this filter have to meet Flammability requirements? Does the
filters have to be certified (expensive)? UL 94 HF-1?, UL 94 HF-2?, UL 900?
How are these ratings/certifications viewed outside of North America?  Will
they have to meet local requirements??

2.       If the fan/blower is certified and limited energy circuit does the
filter have to have any kind of rating or certification? In other words, with a
certified fan/blower, do I have to consider the fault condition of the fan
failing in a way where it could catch the filter on fire?

3.       How is a fault and/or risk assessment performed on an air filter?

4.       Are we responsible to consider the hazards from a burning filter when
it is dirty? How would we know what type of contaminates might collect in a
filter?

5.       If the filter we provide is UL 94 HF-1 and UL 900 rated/certified,
what would stop our customer from replacing it with whatever filter they
wanted? Are we responsible to include a warning label and statements in the
manual regarding this?  Example, "Use only Air Filter part number XYZ".

6.       Any other suggestions or issues that we are not considering?

Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.

The Other Brian
________________________________
LECO Corporation Notice: This communication may contain confidential
information intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you received this by
mistake, please destroy it and notify us of the error. Thank you.

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org<mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org>>
Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org<mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>>

For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org<mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com<mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>>

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in
any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this
message!