Dave & Brian,

This has been my experience as well.  I know some companies make money
tracking this kind information; probably well deserved, it's a big job.
And it now occurs to me that some of the other paid for services giving
RoHS updates may also have current vendor information.

I have an ad hoc ERP that links to a company Part Master csv export with
manufacturer and supplier info.  I also link part numbers to all of the
safety pertinent data like certs, voltage, thermal, etc.  So I will
continue listing known suppliers in my critical parts lists and add "*or
equivalent*" where appropriate.

Thanks,  Doug