Greetings members,

Can anyone shed any light on what ANSI defines as the max distance/limit of a
'co-located' piece of ancillary equipment or other support equipment (on the
table) to the main EUT being tested for FCC Part 15 class B for 'unintentional
radiators'. I seem to recall 20 cm but I think this was referring to
'intentional' radiators.

Is there a similar requirement in the EMC directive and/or EN/CISPR standards?
Or is this really dictated on your recommended set-up? Shall that device be
removed from the test bed if typical installation indicates that it will be
greater than 20cm from the main EUT?

I believe that the set-up in ANSI only showed the PC, printer, mouse, keyboard
& monitor but that's it. There are so many other/different electronic devices
that connect to a laptop/PC/other, etc. (i.e. smart phone) these days, it is
not viable for anyone to test all devices/configurations. I understand that one
must use good judgment and exercise due diligence but there must be a limit.
Agree? Some of these electronic devices state compliance to Class B, it may
still have interference with another closely co-located device because they did
not test it fully to the myriad of other electronic devices out there that it
could be connected to. There is no guarantee per se.

Can anyone comment? Thanks in advance.

Regan