The "marine environment" has been mentioned, but the thing that seems to be
missing is the definition of what that actually is.

You could say that this means the "open sea", miles/kms from "anywhere" -
but, whilst it obviously includes that, it almost certainly includes
locations close to/very close to/ actually "inside" land masses, and thus
notably estuaries and harbours.

In those cases, the "EMCD/RED environment" for the equipment on the vessels
must be essentially the same as for all the equipment designed to be
operated on the landmasses - and therefore I suggest that the equipment on
marine vessels, including the OP's, must meet the same regulatory
requirements as everything else designed for use on the land masses. Thus,
for  Europe, that would mean the EMCD or the RED according to what the
functions of the equipment are - and, in this case, I would think that the
RED would be the Directive to be met because it is likely to include radio
reception.

Certainly, as I understand the existing situation and for example, military
vessels and aircraft which need to operate into/out-of civilian facilities
within the EU must meet the relevant civilian as well as military regulatory
requirements - although there may be some "deviations" permitted, on a
case-by-case basis, by relevant regulatory authorities where those
deviations are considered acceptable because they result from the necessary
requirements of the military roles of the craft in question.

John E Allen

W. London, UK